Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 2009 - My first blog ever! :)

Hello all! Well my brother told me that I need to start a blog so friends and family can follow our family activity. I've never done this before and I have no clue how to make it pretty, but i'm sure eventually I will figure it out.

So, life has been busy in the Sherman/Burningham home. On April 13, 2009 out son Ryder Philip Sherman was born. He was 6 lbs 4.9 ounces and 20 inches long. To be perfect hones
t after an almost perfect pregnancy with no problems (except the lack of sleep and swollen feet during the final months) labor was a lot different than I thought it would be.

Our anticipation started early in March when Matt was preparing for a 10 day business trip to Germany (Huge Dental Convention). I was worried about delivering early, but we saw the doctor and he assured me that as long as I stopped working and got rest I would be fine. Of course anyone who knows me, knows that was never going to happen. My mom stayed with me while he was gone and thankfully no baby came while daddy was out of town. After Matt's return we checked in with the doctor again and he said I was 75% effaced and 3 cm. So it would be any day, the doctor said Ryder would probably come early. Well... my due date came.. and went. No baby! Ryder made us wait a week early, I assume this is a precursor to how he is going to be when he is older. Always doing everything in his own way on his own schedule. Anyway, so a week later (April 13th) we had an appointment. Dr said "So, when do you want to have this baby?", Matt and I looked at eachother and I said, "Well since we are here, might as well do it today." Dr said, "Ok well i'll meet you at labor and delivery in a little while and we'll have this baby out before dinner." So, after we grabbed some lunch, we checked into the hospital and at 1:15 pm Dr. Koperek broke my water. Now originally I told myself I wasn't going to get an epidural, but after 5 1/2 hours of really hard labor, I gave in and got the drugs. 1 1/2 hours later at 8:09 pm, Ryder was born. We were so excited and so tired! But, delivery went really well and I was lucky only 7 hours.

So now I have a beautiful baby boy! He is a little over 2 months now weighs about 12 pounds and it is so amazing watching him grow. Here's a few things i've learned about my baby over the past few months...
1. He is probably the squirmy-est thing on the planet and is constantly grunting, flailing himself around, trying
to crawl, stand and now flipping over (which means I really have to watch him), this kid really wants to move around himself.
2.One of my favorite things Ryder does is giggle in his sleep. I have no idea what he could be dreaming about, but apparently it is really funny.
3. He hates to be swaddled.
4.He will not sleep alone yet, but only at night. During the day he is fine, but at night if you put him in his bed he wakes up as soon as he realizes you aren't there.
5. He decided his pacifier is not like a boob and no longer wants it.
6. If I sing to him, he tries to make noises back at me.
7. He sometimes tries to avoid eye contact with Matt (Daddy) if he is doing something weird.
8. Ryder is always gassy, no matter what I do. And he farts louder than any baby I have ever heard. (Last week he scared Amanda's boyfriend with his fart, it was hilarious)
and last but not least,
9. If you go to kiss him and make kissy noises, Ryder will open his mouth as if to try and kiss you back.

I don't think i've ever loved anything as much as I love being a mom, lack of sleep and all.

Below i've added a few over my favorite pictures from the last couple months, I will do my best to keep this blog up to date with news and pictures. So, check back for the next post.

This first picture was taken about 12 hours after he was born. The rest as just some of my favorites.


1 comment:

Aimee said...

Keep Blogging Emily! Saw your link on Facebook, I have a blog too! http://aimee-and-2boys.blogspot.com/

Happy 4th!